Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Portland, Maine

We took a day to go to Portland Maine, and I walked around taking photos of trees in the City. Trees enhance the beauty of a city, and Portland, Maine is a beautiful city.  I highly recommend it if you are in the area.  The people are very friendly, and the food is fantastic.

I don't think this tree was planned, but I like how it has fit into the edge of this building, and grows out over the walkway. The green against the red of the building is a nice contrast of colors.

This is the Unitarian Church in Portland, Maine. It's a beautiful church, and has gardens that are open on both sides. It's a great quiet place in the middle of the city. I think it's a great gift that the church gives to the community.

I don't remember where this tree was located, but I enjoyed the spring time blossoms. I especially liked the blossoms all over the sidewalk.

The Portland Museum of Art has an incredible beach tree. This is a tree that you have to see to appreciate. It's huge, and tough to capture in a single photo.

All in all it was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. heya steveo, i like the last one - the beach tree. grand thing it is. i grew up in a nice suburb of nyc and the thing that made the neighborhood beautiful and comforting was the arched canopy of trees covering the houses and esp the streets. i never realized it until i visited a newly built development somewhere out on long island and the trees were small and the sky empty. my request, if ur still taking them would be to find such a canopy on some street with handsome, mature trees

    ReplyDelete